Late Summer-Early Fall Overhead Door Check-up For Better Garage Door Functionality
With fall nearly upon us & winter season is quickly approaching, there’re innumerable things that must be conducted to get your garage door ready for the assault nature will throw at it. First & foremost thing that need to be done is a late summer/early fall check-up.
The main advantage of doing a late summer/early fall check-up is catching issues with your overhead door that’ll require a service technicians prior to the cold climate sets in. This is also a good time to get discounts on your garage door repair in Edmonton as it tends to be a bit slower in terms of business.
Cold temperatures directly have an impact on many of the garage door components – from torsion spring malfunctioning & contracting metal to hardening of the lubricants employed to oil up the moving components.
Once cold climate sets in, reputed garage door service companies like Thrifty Garage Door remains regularly busy through mid-spring when temperatures moderate again & overhead door issues and service calls drop-off. So, there’s no time like the present to check your door & do routine upkeep procedures and rectify those problems that must be addressed by a pro service technician.
To do a check-up:
- Open the door multiple times & pay attention to any strange noises like grinding or excess vibration and watch out for any binding of door or moving components.
- Visually check cabling for indications of wear or fraying
- Visually check tracts & rollers and look for anything that can hinder their usual travel
- Check if the door is opening smoothly and in an even manner as opening crookedly can be an indication of a worn or wavering spring that will possibly stop working once exposed to cold climates. Note: Problems with springs must always be handled with care & left to professionals as they can cause severe injury and even death if not handled appropriately.
- Visually check the lubrication of the door & check for excess grease which can thicken with cold temperature and hinder free movement of door mechanisms. Silicone based lubricant offer superior performance during cold weather.
If you think Thrifty Garage Door can help you in any way please give us a call. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have or if needed, schedule a service call with one of our friendly, knowledgeable and professional service technicians. Professional garage door repair in Edmonton is now just a call away from you.